Lady Barron is at the southern end of the island and has a supermarket, tennis courts, wharf, and restaurant. There is also Killiecrankie to the North West of the Island with a Caf�� opened during the Summer and Autumn months.
From Vinegar Hill lookout there are excellent views across the Furneaux Islands from Franklin Sound to Cape Barren Island and the wreck of the Farsund. Facilities include Furneaux Tavern and Restaurant, car hire and the local Flinders Island supermarket/news agent/post office.
Lady Barron is serviced by two boat ramps. One is at the main wharf complex; this is a concrete ramp that has all tide access and a small jetty which is restricted at low tide. There is security fencing to facilitate the loading and unloading of cargo from other port activities. The other ramp is situated at the slipway and also has all tide access; there is more parking available than at the wharf.
Lady Barron is named after Lady Clara Barron, wife of Major General Sir Harry Barron KCMG, CVO (11th August 1847 ��� 27th March 1921). Major General Sir Harry Barron was Governor of Tasmania from 1909 to 1913, and Governor of Western Australia from 1913 to 1917. Clara Emily, daughter of Major General T. Conyngham Kelly, C.B., and Major General Sir Harry Barron married in 1877.